VCCI Business Resilience Coordinator
The Vanuatu Chamber of Commerce & Industry (VCCI) is seeking to recruit a Ni Vanuatu citizen for the position of a Business Resilience Coordinator.
The Vanuatu Chamber of Commerce & Industry (VCCI) is the peak body representing the Vanuatu’s businesses to ensure effective private sector representation in advocacy, policy making processes, and relevant business training and business development activities in Vanuatu.
VCCI is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced person for the position of Business Resilience Coordinator for its Employers Trade Promotion Resilience Unit.
Key responsibilities are summarized as follows:
- Establish a Vanuatu business disaster and resilience network leading to the Vanuatu Business Resilience Committee (VBRC);
- Implement a communication strategy and share best practice and support increased functionality and content on VCCI’s website;
- Strengthen private sector engagement in disaster risk management and climate change;
- Create strategic partnerships and identify opportunities for collaboration through the Vanuatu Business Resilience Committee (VBRC), and the Vanuatu Employers Organisation (VEO);
- Strengthen the capacity of the businesses to engage in disaster risk management and climate change;
- Embed the private sector into disaster risk management and climate change structures; and,
- Ensure the sustainability of the activities initiated through resource mobilization.
The suitable candidate will represent employers, entrepreneurs, business associations, and local businesses, and develop analysis position proposals, in economic, business, trade and labour related issues, particularly the Vanuatu Employers Organisation (VEO) and National Tripartite Labor Advisory Council (TLAC), in a changing climate environment. The job position includes also coordinating and managing program development, information source system development, as well as trade and promotion activities of VCCI.
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience in a business environment.
- A degree in Economics, Law, Business Administration, Climate and Disaster Risk Management or similar discipline.
- A degree in Social Sciences including a research component would be an advantage.
- Experience advocating at the local, national, regional and/or international level and developing position proposals for the private sector development and empowerment.
- Experience at the national and or international level in strategic relationship management, providing management advisory services, resource mobilization and knowledge sharing.
- Have good leadership, team work, and problem solving skills.
- Fluent in English and Bislama in speaking, writing and comprehension.
- Fluency in French would be an advantage.
- Driving Licence.
- Availability to travel. Remuneration will be offered depending on qualifications and work experience.
All applications, CVs and 2 references must be posted to: The General Manager, Vanuatu Chamber of Commerce & Industry, P O Box 189, Port Vila, Vanuatu Tel : 27543 or emailed to email@example.com
Applications must be received no later than 5pm on Monday 10th July 2017.