The Vanuatu Community-based Climate Resilience Project (VCCRP) Administration Officer
The Vanuatu Community-based Climate Resilience Project (VCCRP) is the largest communitybased adaptation project ever delivered in the Pacific. Principally funded under the Green Climate Fund (GCF), it has been designed to reduce the climate-related vulnerabilities of communities across all six provinces of Vanuatu. It will increase communities’ resilience to climate variability, extremes and change to ensure a good quality of life in the face of continuing climate change. The VCCRP is a partnership between the Vanuatu Government through the Ministry of Climate Change Adaptation, Meteorology, Geo-Hazards, Energy, Environment and Disaster Management, and Save the Children working alongside the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Forestry, Fisheries and Biosecurity, Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources, and Ministry of Justice and Community Services.
Where you come in:
In this full-time position based in Vanuatu, you will provide support to administrative, financial, human resources, and operational activities including office services, transport, and logistics for the PMU. You will be part of our International Programs Department and report to our Program Management Unit (PMU) Team Leader. Y
ou will make an impact by:
• Providing administrative and general support to the Project Management Unit (PMU).
• Supporting the general management of day-to-day operations within the PMU Office including office management, secretarial duties and management of supplies and caretaking assets.
• Working closely with counterparts in other offices to ensure effective coordination between offices regarding administrative matters.
• Entering and processing pre-employment and other compliance checks, ensuring ongoing compliance requirements are met for all project employees.
• Preparing new employee documentation including employment contracts and induction.
Does this sound like you?
You have the motivation to support role leads deliver on their key accountabilities effectively and efficiently through your administrative support role.
This role requires:
• You have degree, diploma, or certificate in relevant studies.
• You have 3 – 5 years’ experience in an administration role.
• You have highly organised and able to plan well.
• You have effective communication skills both in English and French.
- You have exceptional customer services skills in serving internal and external customers and /or stakeholders.
We’d love to hear from you.
Applicants must send in their applications to Hr.Vanuatu@savethechildren.org.au All applications must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae with contact details for three professional referees.
Applications close: Tuesday, 1st November 2022, 4:30pm.
Position Description: Administration Officer
As the conduit to the Green Climate Fund funding, Save the Children is supporting the recruitment of staff for VCCRP on behalf of the Vanuatu Government. Save the Children is a child-safe organization and all personal on its programs are required to undergo Police Clearance, verbal reference checks and accept our Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding policy. VCCRP is dedicated to ensuring a workplace suitable for all people and can modify our recruitment processes to suit you – no matter your race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexuality, neurodiversity, culture and beliefs.
see the attachment for more information on the advertisement